UMBC Recreation promotes health and well-being within our diverse community by offering a variety of facilities, programs, and equipment while welcoming and inspiring inquisitive minds.
We provide a holistic environment through Fitness & Wellness, Club Sports, Intramurals, Physical Education, and Aquatics to foster a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Over 30 group fitness and cycling classes weekly for all fitness levels
On-demand classes via our UMBCrecTV YouTube channel
Private classes available
Monthly health focuses and challenges
Specialty workshops including Move-It Mondays and Well Retrievers
- Laps With Chip
- Spring 2022 Intramural leagues
- 3K and 5K Runs
- One-day events
- Weekend programs
- We offer 24 Club Teams
- Compete against other colleges and universities locally, regionally and nationally
- Open to all students and skill levels
- Practice in the evenings and compete on weekends
- Recreational Lap Swimming
- PHED Swim and Scuba classes
- USA Swimming and Diving clubs
- UMBC Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving
- Looking for motivated and energetic people to join our team!
- Provide students with leadership opportunities and an on-campus work experience that offers transferable skills
- Opportunities available in Recreation, Aquatics, Intramural, and Club Sports
Stay Healthy, Active and Engaged